Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Responses to Peers

Week One: Parth P,
I believe someone who can adapt to changes and to the different situations they find themselves in with ease is a great thing to be able to do. It shows they can work in any situation comfortably and that is a great thing to know how to do. I completely agree with your definition of adaptability and this was very well written. 
Meru,
I believe that lying does have its perks or seems like it has its perks at the time the lie is being told but after that I believe the lie will either eat away at the person who told the lie or it will somehow come out and backfire on the person who told the lie. I think that lying, sometimes is temporarily a good thing but in the long run it is not. having said this, i am still a little confused as to why you put all of your qualities down as lies and not truths. 
Ryan 

Parth B,
I really enjoyed how you wrote about ambition. I believe ambition is an amazing quality someone can have. It shows that they are dedicated, hardworking, and really know what they want. I completely agree with what you said about people being jealous of others who have ambition. I really enjoyed reading this paragraph, it was very good.
Ryan 

Nick, 
I completely agree with your definition of an artist. I also believe that an artist is not just someone who draws, paints or sculpts something. I enjoyed how you included imagination into your response as well. I enjoyed this because i believe one of an artists greatest qualities is their imagination. 
Ryan 

Neha,
I do agree with you when you you discussed how very famous people can be monsters as well. Overall I agree with your paragraph that defines what a monster is. However I am confused as to why you think you are a monster. Have you done something evil, bad or selfish? Although I basically do not know you at all and I have only bet you one time (our first class period) you do not seem to be a monster in any way, you seemed very nice and kind. 
Ryan 

Week Two: Parth, 
I too went through a similar experience you went through. Growing up I had to go to Hebrew school once or twice a week. I was always forced to go and constantly wanted to know what everything actually meant. I was learning a language that I could only read as well as recite aloud but not understand. Reading your response to the prompt made me happy for you that your parents were so accepting of the questions you asked them. 

Nick,
My first job was similar when talking about the hours but when it came to the actual work I loved it. It was long but I worked in fashion and that is something I love to work with. Maybe you just hated the job as well as the hours because you did not enjoy what you were doing. 

Week Three: Nick,
I really like the topic you chose to write about. I also like the way you plan to go about interviewing the children and agree with your plan of action. I look forward to reading more about what will happen with your topic.
Ryan 

Parth,
I think your topic is very interesting. I love hearing about these kinds of experiences from different people. One of my best friends in high school moved to America from Australia when she was in fourth grade and I really enjoy hearing the differences of cultures and similarities as well. I think the questions you came up with will be great for your paper. 

Week Four:

Nick, 
Your intro does a very good job of explaining clearly what the rest of your paper will be about and the topic you chose. You also did a good job stating your opinion about your topic.
Ryan  

Parth,
I liked how you talked about how you interviewed the person you interviewed for the paper. I think that is a good idea that I did not think to do in my rough draft of my intro. I think this is a good way to start your paper. 

Ryan 

No comments:

Post a Comment