Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Prompts

Week One: I am a girl. I am a woman. I am a strong woman. I am an athlete. I am a sister. I am a daughter. I am a stepdaughter. I am a squash player. I am an innovator. I am a writer. I am a fashion lover. I am Jewish. I am a TV watcher. I am an avid on line shopper. I am a movie watcher. I am tired. I am a reader. I am an artist. I am 19. I am hungry. I am a college student. I am a student athlete. I am in a sorority. I am white. I am from the suburbs. I am an accomplished woman. I am a freshman. I am cold. I am assertive. I am a vegan. 
True: I am a girl. I am a woman. I am a strong woman. I am an athlete. I am a sister. I am a daughter. I am a stepdaughter. I am a squash player. I am a writer. I am a fashion lover. I am Jewish. I am a TV watcher. I am an avid on line shopper. I am a movie watcher. I am tired. I am a reader. I am an artist. I am 19. I am a college student. I am a student athlete. I am in a sorority. I am white. I am from the suburbs. I am an accomplished woman. I am a freshman. I am assertive. I am a vegan. 
False: I am an innovator. I am hungry. I am cold. 
What does it mean to be a sister? Do you have to be related to someone to be their sister? Can you only have a certain amount of sisters? Do all of your sisters have to know one another?
I love family and strongly believe that family does come first. In my opinion you do not need to be blood related to someone to necessarily be their sister. I am an official sister to two brothers but I am also a sister to 8 girls as well. I consider my best friends to be my sisters. I spend so much of my time with them and tell them everything. There is nothing they can do or say that will make me like them any less and they all feel the same way as well. 
Week Two: Although my family is not strongly religious, my parents still go to synagogue on the high holidays and abide by some of the rules of Judiasm. One rule they are very keen on is the "no piercings (except the regular ones) and no tattoos" rule. I wanted my cartilage pierced so badly when I was in seventh grade. I thought it was the coolest thing at the time and believed it would look so great on me. I asked my mom about twenty times if I could get it pierced and of course she said no every single time in a rude voice. So of course I acted out and got it pierced without her. I hid it from her for a great three days but when she finally saw it was furious at me. I went against not just her beliefs but our families' beliefs as well. Although she eventually got over it because I still have it in and never took it out I still did something that our culture does not believe in. 
Week Three: My topic is private school education vs. public school education in America. For my interview I will be interviewing one of my roommates. I am interviewing her because she went to public school. I would like to get her opinions on what she thought about it compared to my discoveries online as well as my own knowledge having attended private school my whole life (14 years) up until college. I will be interviewing her in person and I will be taking notes on my computer. 
1. Was it your choice, your parents choice or both of your choices to attend public school?
2. Why was this decision chosen?
3. Did you ever want to transfer to private school once already enrolled in public school?
4. How many people were in your grade?
5. Did you know everyone in your grade?
6. How big were your classes?
7. How were your relationships with your teachers?
8. How do you think high school has prepared you for college, academically speaking?
9. How did you feel going to a coed school?
10. Were all of your teachers genuinely engaged and did they enjoy teaching their classes?


Week Four:  In the United States the two main types of schooling in high school, middle school and lower school are private and public schools. Having gone to a private, all girls’ school with a uniform for my whole life (14 years) I do not know a lot about public education but a lot about private education. Private Schools are known for their small classes, high education as well as high costs. Where as public school is known for their large classes, bigger schools and free tuition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment