Sunday, March 8, 2015

Read and Response to Peers

Read and Response to Peers

Week Five

Nick,
I like how you did not just talk about older kids in school but you also incorporated younger children as well (kindergarten). I like how you went back and fourth between the two as well. You went from older kids with new technology and speaking in a more grown up manner to younger children playing with toys on the playground and their spider man backpacks. 

Jake, 
I enjoyed reading this because I am too Jewish and this really relates to me as well as I believe it is very accurate. Although I would only attend synagogue on the high holidays as well as Bar and Bat Mitzvahs it is good that you are very dedicated to your religion. This is very much like your paper as well as your thesis and I believe you did a very good job constructing your prose. 

Justin, 
I like how each paragraph is a different thing that happens when stereotyping the Jewish religion or just about the Jewish religion in general. I too am Jewish and have hears the term "JAP" many many times and also wonder why that type of person is just automatically thought of as Jewish. It does not make much sense to me. 'Oy gevalt" as well as "shlep" are also used in my house but mostly only when my grandmother is in town. To me those things are regular to me and I forget that others, like my friends do not know the meanings. So when they come over they always look confused when those things are said. 

Week Six

Nick,
When looking at the pictures you chose I am confused but also have somewhat of an idea of what your paper is about. There is a mix of different things on this paper but I can tell that it has something to do with being loud and out there. There is nothing dull about your paper and the items you chose to put in this really represent that. I was very clear with the pictures I chose. I like how you were not as clear and made this more mysterious.

Parth,

I like the pictures you chose. When I first look at them it makes me think of new beginnings and a fresh start. It is clear to me when looking at these pictures what your topic is or an idea of what your topic is for your paper. I really enjoy the quote you used as well. I do remember what the topic for your paper is from a previous assignment and I believe this goes along perfectly with it. 

Week Seven

Justin,

Although you did not add an additional interview I believe you have made really good improvements in your paper. I believe with the corrections you made your paper moves in an easier way and allows the reader to get a better understanding of what your paper is all about. 

Jake, 
Right away I believed this interview would be a great addition to your argument. Andrew is a perfect candidate for your argument, being raised in a Jewish and religious household and having his parents wanting him to marry a Jewish girl but ends up marrying a catholic girl. 

Week Eight

Jake,

I agree that the way that Prior presents her citations makes the essay more fluent. I enjoyed reading the essay and not having to wait until the end or scroll all the way down to see a source. I think this made the essay flow nicely and made it more easy to read. Although I disagree that Prior's piece was a better argument than Said's, I do think that you made some good arguments for why Prior's was better. Said's piece was challenging to read, but I could understand most of it even before the analysis. As you pointed out, Prior used a lot of research to get her point across. Her piece relied much more on ethos and logos than Said's.

Justin, 
You are correct; well I believe you are correct when you said that you think Prior's argument is that reading makes people more relatable. I think by her adding in the hyperlinks to the sources she cited allowed her readers to feel more informed and made them understand what she was saying easier. I too like the idea she mentioned about putting someone in someone else's shoes. This allows people to see how others view the world around them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment